Commander's Page  

   Reminder that the Halloween Party is on Thursday, October 31, 2013.  Dinner starts at 6 p.m. and we are serving spaghetti and meatballs for $6.00 a plate.  Then the dancing and singing take place from 7 p.m. till...  There will be door prizes and three costume winners who will be selected by secret judges.

   On November 9, 2013 (Saturday), starting at 9:30 a.m.,  the Veterans Day Parade will take place  in downtown Las Cruces.  We are encouraging participation.  Let our Senior Vice, Dallas Landgrem, know if you could take part by riding the post float or if you can walk next to the float passing out miniature flags during the parade.  Dallas can be reached at (575) 635-8083.

   Then on November 21, 2013 (Thursday) we will be holding our post Thanksgiving Dinner starting at 4 p.m.  The post will provide the turkeys and mashed potato.  We ask that attending members bring a side dish or  dessert.

   Please take note of other upcoming post events (check our calendar).  Our monthly post meeting is on the third Saturday of each month at 9 a.m.  See you on post and I hope everything is well with you and your families.

   Have you updated your membership? We need your help to bring our membership up.


                             Bernie Gray


The objectives of Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10124 are: Fraternal, patriotic, historical and educational, to preserve and strengthen comradeship among its members, to assist worthy comrades, to perpetuate the memory and history of our dead and to assist their widows and orphans, to maintain true allegiance to the Government of the United States of America and fidelity to its Constitution and laws, to foster true patriotism, to maintain and extend the institutions of American freedom, and to preserve and defend the United States from all her enemies, whomsoever.


709 South Valley Drive, LAS CRUCES, NM | (505) 526-5761

Come  join your fellow veterans in the "Land of Enchantment" at J. M. Carriere VFW Post 10124, Las Cruces, New Mexico. The Post is open at 11am Monday through Saturday and noon Sunday. 

Membership Eligibility

Members must be a US citizen or national with an honorable discharge from the US Armed Forces or currently serving. Membership also requires military service overseas during an operation or conflict and decoration with an Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, a campaign medal or ribbon. A Leave and Earnings Statement showing receipt of Hostile Fire or Imminent Danger Pay is also acceptable proof for membership eligibility.

The Veterans of Foreign Wars of the U.S. is a nonprofit veterans' service organization composed of combat veterans as well as active-duty, Guard and Reservists who continue to serve in harm's way. Founded in 1899 and chartered by Congress in 1936, the VFW is the nation's largest organization of war veterans and its oldest major veterans' organization. With 2 million members located in almost 7,600 VFW Posts worldwide, the VFW and its Auxiliaries are dedicated to "honor the dead by helping the living" through veterans service, community service, legislative advocacy and national military service programs.

Make a Free Website with Yola.